Phonics Handbook w/ Print Letters
The Phonics Handbook (print letters) provides a year's worth of detailed lesson plans. Carefully thought out, it progresses systematically - introducing then honing each skill. Instructions for each presentation are simple, straightforward and sensible. The bulk of the Phonics Handbook is all the reproducible material you will use in the program - Sound Sheets, Flash Card Sheets, Sound Book Sheets (children create a sound book as they go), Word Box Sheets (to make your own practice word boxes), String Joining Sheets (you'll probably want to reproduce on cardstock if using string OR use as matching sheets), Matching Letters, Words and Pictures cards, Sentence Sticking (really fun exercises), Letter Clue Pictures (practice word families), Reading Games, Missing Sound Sheets, Homework Writing Sheets, Tricky Word Sheets, and Alternative Spellings of Vowels. The student handwriting style of this book is traditional print manuscript. 218 pgs.
The Phonics Handbook (in print letters) provides a year’s worth of detailed step-by-step lesson plans and notes for teaching Jolly Phonics. The teaching is multi-sensory with fun actions and stories to engage children in their learning.
- Introduces the 42 letter sounds and main alternative spellings of vowels plus tricky words
- Guided writing sheets included
- Contains reading comprehension sheets
- Provides a detailed guide to teaching the five key skills taught in Jolly Phonics
- Over 100 photocopiable sheets, as well as activities and games for reading and spelling