Latin for Children: Primer A Text
Designed, revised, and continually sharpened since 2001, the award-winning Latin for Children curriculum continues to be a strong, inviting, and creative program designed to introduce students as young as fourth graders to Latin. It incorporates elements that will engage students of every learning style. When used as a whole, this series trains students in grammar, vocabulary, and English derivatives in a lively, interactive way that is perfectly suited to students in the grammar stage. The Latin for Children series is taught directly to the child and is a perfect choice for teachers and parents, including those who will be learning along with their students.
Latin for Children Primer A (Student Edition) is easy to use, incremental, and filled with clear grammatical explanations written expressly for the student. Exercises, quizzes, and a useful reference section are also included. Lessons teach mnemonic aids (songs, chants) that enable students to learn vocabulary and grammar with ease and delight. There are clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written at the student’s level. Guidance is given for both classical and ecclesiastical pronunciations.
What's in the New Revised Edition?
Latin for Children Primer A, now printed in full color, has been enhanced with beautiful illustrations as well as images and paintings of ancient Roman culture. An adventure story, Along the Appian Way, has also been added. Students will follow Marcus and Julia as they look for dropped coins or maybe even greater treasures—until an accidental run-in with an official messenger brings them more adventure than they bargained for! The chapter-by-chapter Latin grammar sequence remains the same as previous versions. Students will love studying Latin even more as they use this newly revised and improved edition.
- Workbook format, 32 chapters (proposed teaching timeline is 1 chapter a week), perfect-bound book
- Clear explanations of grammar in every chapter, written directly to the student
- Weekly worksheets and quizzes included
- Students learn 240 high-frequency Latin words
- Classical and/or ecclesiastical pronunciation
- Professional, classical layout and design
- Widely used Latin series among classical schools, charter schools, homeschools & co-ops
- Yearly revision of each text based on critical feedback of our customers
- Primers B and C are a succession upon the previous book. They are intended to be taught sequentially beginning with Primer A (target grade: 4th), one book per school year.
See our Support tab above for schedule recommendations and the many free resources available.
Note: The old editions of the primer and answer key are not compatible with this newly revised edition (though the grammar is taught in the same sequence). The DVD or streaming video, however, will still work with previous editions of the text. The Activity Book and History Reader are also still compatible with either version.
This is a consumable item.