Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Dictionary
A more advanced dictionary than the elementary dictionary, this is suitable for students who are not quite ready for a high-school level dictionary. Although the font is the same size as you would find in a high school or adult dictionary, there are still over 1,000 small black and white illustrations and tables throughout the pages. This dictionary includes nearly 70,000 entries with authoritative definitions, spellings, and pronunciations to help students write and speak effectively. Appropriate for middle-grade students. 1008 pgs, hc.
Newly Revised & Updated!
For students grades 6–8, ages 11–14. Revised and updated edition of the best-selling dictionary written especially for middle school students.
- Features nearly 70,000 entries with new words and meanings added across a variety of fields including technology, social media, science, health, and popular culture
- 23,000 usage examples and more than 1,000 carefully drawn illustrations clarify and expand understanding
- Abundant word history and synonym paragraphs
- A great study aid for students building vocabulary and engaging with more complex text
- New words added include: autocorrect, dystopia, biomass, and Internet of Things