Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Thesaurus 2ED
A wonderful companion to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. This thesaurus is arranged alphabetically, with finger indents marking where each letter(s) start so you can easily flip to the right spot. Concise definitions accompany the entries to help you choose the best words, and verbal illustrations provide examples of word usage. This thesaurus contains more than 275,000 word choices, examples, and explanations, plus synonyms, antonyms, near antonyms, related words, and idioms to ensure you find the best word choice. Note: contains some inappropriate language. 1162 pgs, hc.
Newly Revised & Updated! Find the right word every time with this indispensable guide!
- Concise definitions pinpoint meanings shared by synonyms, helping you choose exactly the word you need
- More than 275,000 word choices, examples, and explanations
- Includes new and revised verbal illustrations
- Sample sentences and phrases for each synonym at its own entry clarify how words are used in context
- Alphabetical lists may also include related words, idiomatic phrases, near antonyms, and antonyms
- A perfect companion to the best-selling Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition