Writers in Residence Volume 1 - Apprentice
The Student Text is consumable and is meant to show the personal progression toward the goal of finished writing assignments that will ultimately find a place in the student's Writing Portfolio. This portfolio is a record of writing progress and gives your child a sense of accomplishment. You can and should share this keepsake with others. The Appendices in the Student Text are plentiful. An Apprentice Log includes module checklists, rubrics, a unit review and follow-up reports. Also included are Reviewer's Rubrics featuring the Traits of Writing, a Memory Chart, and Follow-Up Reports.
The Writers in Residence (WIR) series is a writing-focused language arts program. While completing high-interest writing assignments, students learn about sentence structure, the parts of speech, and the conventions of the English language for punctuation, capitalization, and usage. This meaningful context shows students how skill and understanding in the language arts enable them to create clear, engaging stories and essays readers want to read.
Writers in Residence provides a biblically-based framework for kids to think about language and communicate effectively in writing.
Your family will love this powerful learning tool because it includes:
1) A complete writing curriculum that integrates grammar, punctuation, and capitalization
2) An easy-to-use All-In-One Student Text and Workbook
3) A helpful answer key with directions, checklists, and evaluation rubric for every writing assignment that takes the guesswork out of evaluating your childs writing
4) A detailed lesson plan outline for four days a week for thirty-two weeks, make planning and teaching a breeze
5) Appropriate content for grades 4 through 8
6) Lively and engaging tone, written to the student
7) Visually pleasing page layouts, designed to guide your student through the lessons
8) Compelling interviews with favorite Christian authors