Learning Language Arts Through Literature Gray Teacher Book (3rd Edition)
The Teacher Book provides all necessary background and instructional information; laid out step-by-step for the teacher. This contains all the content from the Student Book in 2/3 page width columns placed side-by-side in the center of the book (two-page spread). These inside columns sometimes contain information not found in the Student Book such as the introduction and background information for the book studies. The outside 1/3 page contain teachers notes as well as all the answers.
Primarily based on dictation, your student will learn all the components of language arts in one easy to use book. A five week Writing Unit prepares students for high school writing and research as well as continued study in prefixes, suffixes, and roots words. Four Book Studies are designed to expand understanding through various activities involving reading and writing skills.The updated third edition is even easier to use with new lessons and analogies study.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Integrated language arts lessons including: grammar, spelling, higher order thinking, and study skills. Encouraging a love for classical literature, through dictation students learn punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, grammar, creative writing, and more.
- Spelling lists each week from the most Commonly Misspelled Words.
- Vocabulary Building exercises bring meaning to vocabulary in context making it useful in everyday language. Continued study of suffixes, prefixes, and root words prepares students for college testing.
- Four Book Studies (listed in the order they appear): Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster, A Lantern in Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich, Eric Liddell by Catherine Swift, God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew
- A five week Writing Unit prepares students for high school writing and research as well as continued study in prefixes, suffixes, and roots words.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Reviews Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.