Agricultural Mechanics and Technology Systems Set
The Instructor Resource CD-Rom includes textbook and workbook answer keys and lesson plans. There are no power point teaching notes or student lab workbook. Computer requirements: Windows: Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor 2 GHz or equivalent, Windows 7/8/10, 2 GB Ram, Adobe Reader and IE explorer for weblinks. Mac: Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor 2 GHz or equivalent, Mac OS X v. 10.6 or higher, 2GB Ram, Safari, and Adobe Reader.
This package includes the following items:
Agricultural Mechanics and Technology Systemspresents focused, technically accurate coverage of all major skilled trade disciplines in agricultural contexts, including construction, electricity, welding, and power systems. In addition, the text provides a wealth of information and resources on careers in agricultural mechanics and promotes a deep understanding of supervised agricultural experiences (SAEs) and career development events (CDEs).
Agricultural Mechanics and Technology Systemshas been designed to support the Power, Structural, and Technical Systems Career Pathway within the National AFNR Career Cluster Content Standards and has been correlated with selected state standards.
- The chapter Trends and Emerging Technologies introduces students to the many high-tech applications of agriculture and agricultural mechanics, including geographic information systems (GIS), telematics, sustainable energy sources, precision agriculture, wireless sensor networks, and the use of drones.
- A chapter on safety and extensive "Safety Notes" cultivate a safety-first mindset and drive home the point that safe work habits are needed in every domain of agricultural mechanics and technology.
- Reading and writing skills are developed by the careful definition and use of technical terms, by "Before You Read" guidance provided at the start of every chapter, and by "Communicating about Ag Mechanics" exercises at the end of every chapter.
- "Hands-on Agriculture" and "STEM and Academic Activities" provide engaging, inquiry-based learning activities for students and provide a bridge between theory and practice.
- To highlight safe, correct, and current practices, high-quality photographs and line art accompany text descriptions_1 on nearly every page of the text.
The Agricultural Mechanics and Technology Systems Instructor Resources provides individual access to the classroom support materials used most, all in one convenient location. Included are the contents of the Resource CD (answer keys; lesson plans; and Precision Exams® correlations) in addition to Instructor's Presentations for PowerPoint® and ExamView® Assessment Suite.
The 1-Year Online Access includes an online textbook, the optional Lab Workbook and the Instructor Resources including lesson plans, answer keys for the textbook and lab manual, power point teaching notes for the parent/teacher to use, and assessments (with answers) using the included ExamView Assessment software. Please note, this did take a few attempts to download correctly for our review purposes, doing the custom install was successful. Here is the link for the set with the online access: