Little Learning Labs: Geology for Kids
Dig in and learn about the Earth under your feet. Little Learning Labs: Geology for Kids features 26 simple, inexpensive, and fun experiments that explore the Earth’s surface, structure, and processes.
This family-friendly guide explores the wonders of geology, such as the formation of crystals and fossils, the layers of the Earth’s crust, and how water shapes mountains, valleys, and canyons. There is no excuse for boredom with these captivating STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) activities.
In this book, you will learn:
* How to identify the most common rocks and minerals
* How to maintain and display your rock collection
* How insects are trapped and preserved in amber
* How geysers and volcanoes form and erupt
* How layers of rock reveal a record of time
* How to pan for gold like a real prospector
Geology is an exciting science that helps us understand the world we live in, and Little Learning Labs: Geology for Kids actively engages readers in simple, creative activities that reveal the larger world at work.