Research Paper: Contemporary Approach Student Edition
The student text provides an up-to-date approach to the development of research papers. Students learn how to select an appropriate topic, write an outline, footnote, sight references, and design each phase of their paper.
A practical guide to researching, organizing, outlining, writing, and revising research papers.
Written in a style that speaks to students, from the perspective of teachers who have taught the research paper to thousands, this text provides practical, useful instruction to help students navigate the process from start to finish. Models of two complete humanities-style papers and one science-style paper are provided. 277 pages.
Each chapter includes
- in-depth, practical instruction on specific steps in the research process
- time management guidelines
- checklists for task management
- modeling of the research process and tips/traps through the work and perspective of two high school students
- critical thinking hints
- exercises, including finding primary resources and taking notes to avoid plagiarism
- tech tips and online research support including documenting and evaluating sources
Written as a guide for high school students, this 2nd edition course consists of a textbook along with the teacher's manual/answer key on CD-ROM. This thorough guide covers every phase in the development of a research paper and helps students understand how to create one of their own. It also includes plenty of examples and lots of advice on how to incorporate online references within the research paper. 260 pgs, pb. ~ Mike
These materials cover various types of informational writing, includingpersuasive writing, essays, outlines, and research papers.