Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2019-2020 21st Edition
The ultimate guide to improving SAT scores with practical strategies and examples, comprehensive subject reviews, practice tests and explanations, and much more!
Every college-bound student wants the best test scores possible. But with a wide variety of test-prep books available, how do you know you're choosing the right one to help you most?
Fortunately, that just happens to be Dr. Gary Gruber's life's work: rather than rote memorization of individual problem solutions, his Gruber Method teaches adaptive strategies to think about test problems as categories, allowing students to solve thousands of questions quickly and effectively.
In Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2019-2020, you'll find all the resources you need to develop the test-taking skills and critical-thinking strategies that are proven to increase your test score by as much as 600 points. With 37 essential strategies illustrated with examples, two complete practice tests, and much more, you'll see how, for over thirty years, the Gruber Method has helped millions of students master the ability to solve any SAT problemeven the most difficulteasily and efficiently
So read Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2019-2020, study its lessons, and watch your SAT score increase and your future possibilities expand.
Also included in Gruber's Complete SAT Guide 2019-2020:
- The World's Shortest Practice Test for the SAT® Exam:estimate your score in only 20 questions!
- A diagnostic test to reveal your strengths and weaknesses
- The 101 most important math questions every student needs to be able to answer
- 19 simple-to-learn math strategies for solving every type of question by breaking them down to their easiest forms
- Mini Math Refresher + Complete Math Refresher
- 13 Verbal Strategies to improve your reading skill and understanding
- The Gruber Prefix-Root-Suffix List, which unlocks the meanings of more than 150,000 words
- 100 Tests to Strengthen Your Vocabulary
- Subject-specific guides to help you master the SAT® basics
- Two complete practice tests with explanatory answers keyed to the acclaimed Gruber Strategies and Basic Skills
- Explanations of why you got questions wrongplus how to get them right
- Exclusive four-hour study program for the week before the test
The Gruber test prep guides have typically been my favorite. Why? Well, they do share many characteristics with other test prep books but I think their explanatory answers for practice test questions are more detailed and stronger. These books start with a test overview and then direct the student to take a very short practice test (SAT book also has a strategy diagnostic test) which they say is indicative of your pre-prep score. Then the focus shifts to Math, with several sections covering the most important math questions, strategies, and a math refresher course. Vocabulary Building is next followed by a Grammar and Usage strategies/refresher section. The final specific emphasis is on the writing test with tips for writing a best essay and strategies/sample questions for the other types of writing questions. The book concludes with practice tests (SAT book has five; ACT book has three); this is where the strength of the explanatory answers shows up. The ACT test book also includes a section prepping for the Science portion of that test. (SAT - 1056 pgs, pb; ACT - 768 pgs, pb) ~ Janice