Lord of the Rings The Battle for Middle-Earth Board Game
Fight alongside your favorite heroes from JRR Tolkien's high fantasy classic, The Lord of the Rings, against the powerful forces of Sauron in The Battle for Middle-earth. To defeat your enemies, you must create your own Fellowships of Companion Cards and send them into battle. Despite having numerous Companions to aid your attack, the Eye of Sauron is always vigilant and you must beware of a Counterattack by the Enemies of Mordor. The player who defeats the most dangerous Enemies, and collects the greatest number of victory points, wins the game.
- In The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth, fight on the side of Aragorn, Gandolf, Gimli, Legolas, and other companions against the armies of Mordor. To defeat your enemies, you must form fellowships of companions and send them to battle.
- While building your fellowships, the Eye of Sauron is always vigilant, so you must beware of a counterattack.
- The player that defeats the most powerful hordes from Mordor wins the game!
- Contents include: 43 ring cards, 21 enemy cards, 4 guide cards, gameboard, and instructions
- For 2-4 players ages 8+, 15 minute playing time
Based on the novels by J.R.R. Tolkien, these games give players the chance to experience places and characters from the books. Each game plays a little bit differently. The Hobbit: Defeat of Smaug challenges up to six players to reclaim their lost treasure from the evil dragon Smaug. The board game path loops through six different regions, including the Edge of the Wild, Misty Mountains, Mirkwood, etc. The game ends when the players reach Smaug's hideout under the Lonely Mountain and attempt to defeat the dragon. Through each of the six regions, players attempt to answer riddles, sing songs, encounter mystical secrets and find hidden treasures. In Battle for Middle-Earth, 2-4 players form groups of companions like Frodo, Pippin, Aragorn, Legolas and others and send them into battle against the armies of Mordor. The player that defeats the most enemies wins the game! Journey to Mordor is a dice-rolling game for 2-4 players (or hobbits). The hobbits must make decisions with each roll of the dice, competing to be the first to climb Mount Doom and destroy the ring!