Reading and Writing Workout for the SAT, 4th Edition
Many students wonder why certain questions for the SAT seem so difficult. Doing well on the SAT not only requires being proficient in math or language arts, but also learning the structure of the test and how to best think through the questions you encounter. These books provide students with test-taking strategies that equip them to be prepared specifically for SAT math and/or reading and writing questions. By using these resources alone or as a supplement to other study materials, it gives students easy-to-follow strategies and information they might not have thought about prior to taking the test. Also, students can register this book online and it will give latest information about the SAT as well as tips about the college-application process and where to apply for financial aid.
The Reading and Writing Workout gives strategy tips for the reading passages, so students won’t get bogged down on certain selections. There are several reading passage drills with and answers and explanations. A timed reading passage test is also included. The writing and language section contains grammar and punctuation practice, editing, and a timed test. The last chapter gives tips on how to write an effective essay and the most important points the test graders are looking for in an essay.
EXTRA PRACTICE FOR AN EXCELLENT SCORE. Get the extra prep you need for the SAT verbal score you want with this guidebook full of content review and strategies for tackling the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing tests, plus 240+ practice questions with complete explanations.
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Tried-and-true tactics to help you focus on the important information in each passage
- Tips for tackling tricky questions with elimination techniques
- Essential strategies to help you maximize your efficiency
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
- Expert review and drills for the grammar needed on the SAT Evidence-Based-Reading and Writing tests
- Comprehensive coverage of the various reading subjects and how to best tackle them, including dual passages and history/social studies, literature, and science topics
- Up-to-date information on the SAT
Practice Your Way to Excellence.
- Quick quizzes throughout each chapter to help assess understanding
- Step-by-step walk-throughs that demonstrate tips for each type of question, from Main Ideas to Arguments
- Detailed answer explanations that showcase each skill and strategy