Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game
With Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game, students can search for Greek and English matches, collect pairs, test their memory, play in groups, or play by themselves! This fun card game will sharpen their Greek skills. With over 135 Greek words, these cards contain all the vocabulary from Song School Greek (review chapters do not have cards). Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game can be used to play matching games such as Memory and Go Fish, and can also be used as flash cards for extra practice.
- Featuring over 135 Greek words, each with a matching English translation card
- 288 cards total!
- Directions for 3 different games: Memory, Go Fish, and Apple Core (the Song School Greek version of Old Maid)
- Can be used as flash cards!
- Includes two "Make Your Own" cards
- English cards feature fun and simple designs
- The deck is divided into 4 categories:
- Purple: Correlates to Song School Greek chapters 1-7
- Green: Correlates to Song School Greek chapters 8-14
- Blue: Correlates to Song School Greek chapters 15-22
- Orange: Correlates to Song School Greek chapters 23-29
- Use the decks separately or play them all together!
Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns on opened copies.
The Song School Greek Program is a lively and gentle introduction to Koine Greek—the language of the New Testament. One of the mother tongues of the English language, Greek is also a perfectly orderly language, ideal to help us understand the structure of any language and learn how a language works. This program is an excellent prequel to our grammar-based, upper-elementary Greek for Children series.
In the same spirit as Classical Academic Press' Song School Latin, this gentle course introduces early elementary students to the language of the New Testament, Koine Greek. There are 30 weekly lessons, each of which includes catchy songs that introduce basic vocabulary, writing practice, stories, games and fun activities. The musical CD is included with the student's book. The Teacher's Edition includes the answer keys and teaching suggestions. Although previously included, the DVD is no longer packaged with the Teacher's Edition, but the video content will be available on the Classical Academic Press website. For extra vocabulary practice, consider the Greek Beak Match Flashcard Game. This flashcard set contains over 130 Greek words (with the English translation appearing in small upside down type); use this set to play the suggested games, or simply use them as traditional flashcards. You can use this as a stand-alone introduction to learning Koine Greek, or as a prequel to the newly-released Greek for Children. ***The pronunciation used in the songs is more like Koine than modern Greek and may come off as "cute" or even unauthentic to some. Keep in mind that this is a challenging language made accessible to young learners.*** Jess/Sara