Have you always wanted to personally learn more about investing but didn’t know where to begin? Or have you wanted to share this information with your children but didn’t know how to convey it? This self-guided financial course shares a wealth of information about stock market investment and the language of business and finance in a way that makes sense. The easy-to-read books combined with the online quizzes and videos (to enhance comprehension and retention) give a thorough explanation of the stock market and important aspects of investing. Taking a learning-by-doing approach, the course walks students through steps to understand corporations, evaluate the condition of the overall market, and learn how to invest wisely. The course kit includes 5 books, including a flexible and detailed 18-week lesson plan in the Teacher’s Guide for self-guided learning. By completing the course, students earn a ½ credit for high school economics or social science.
The Teacher’s Guide provides course objectives, a comprehensive syllabus, week-by-week lesson plans, quarterly goals, as well as customer testimonials. Book One, 10 Essential Concepts: How the Stock Market Works provides an understanding and history of corporations, the stock market, and why stocks and markets increase and decrease in value. There are study guide questions after each section with answers in the back. Book Two, S.I.M.P.L.E. Stock Investing Method Guidebook, provides the step-by-step details for completing the S.I.M.P.L.E. Stock Investing Method. Book Three, S.I.M.P.L.E. Stock Investing Method has the complete forms and examples to follow, for completing an in-depth market and company analysis. Using this method, the student learns to assess on their own if a company is a good investment or not. It also teaches where to get excellent information in the public domain and how to successfully analyze a company. Book Four, The Power Tools Notebook, includes a helpful flowchart with a 5-day plan for the student to follow and other tools for managing a watchlist and portfolio. Online Quizzes and Videos offer additional insights and help the student maintain interest in completing the course. Access to the online quizzes and videos never expire, so the speed of completing the 18-week course can be adjusted to match your student’s work-load.
As students and parents alike seek to understand the business world and gain knowledge of the stock market through this valuable course, they also acquire a life skill that can be used as a wealth building and informational tool that will last a lifetime.
This course is for the student desiring to learn successful stock investing. Students will also learn about business, business finance, and how to find excellent companies for investment or employment. They will also be introduced to concepts of business creation and entrepreneurship.
This course takes a complete novice with zero understanding about business and stock investing to a high level of confidence with stock investing and a strong understanding of business.
The Business, Finance and Stock Investing COURSE is designed to –
- Teach the language of business, finance, and economics, using the stock market as a purposeful tool.
- Use companies in the news today for case-study analysis.
- Teach a powerful and proven method of company analysis that will serve students and families throughout their lives.
- This method helps quantify and clearly identify quality companies for successful investing AND for possible, future employment!
- Course participants who later use the analysis method taught here (in this course) in preparation for an interview at a company will have a very strong advantage!
- Provide a firm understanding and practical routines required for successful, disciplined investing.
- Meet the requirements of a 1/2 elective high school credit in economics or a life-skill curriculum!
- Provide a course that will serve an entire household family. Purchase 1 course for your family household. Copy worksheets as necessary to provide materials for each person in your household.
- Require approx. 18 weeks of instruction with 102 hours of work (depending on the student).