Cultural Issues Volume 2: Creation & the Bible Pack
The Cultural Issues Volume 2 curriculum provides answers to many common objections to biblical worldviews and scriptural authority of the Bible. Practical reviews are included to strengthen the student’s grasp of key concepts and terms, while providing critical thinking opportunities to put their knowledge to work. Students will learn to apply the biblical worldview to subjects such as evolution, climate change, Noah’s Ark and the Flood, and dozens more. They will discover answers to help know the depths of God’s wisdom found in His Word and in His world, and why this matters to in their lives, their family, and their faith.
- Investigate some of the most popular cultural questions about science and Bible
- Explore how to think logically and apply biblical knowledge correctly
- Identify insights to the arguments brought against the faith and the solutions from the Bible and observational science
- Learn answers, information, and strategies when facing destructive influences found in the workplace or school environments
- Study cloning, abortion, GMOs, aliens, and more in these two volumes focused on points of contention related to the Bible, faith, and science
Cultural Issues Volume 2 is a stand-alone course and can be used as a follow up to Cultural Issues Volume 1. Adults and church groups will also find this study helpful as they face the challenges or parenting and discipling others.
New Answers Book 3:
- Addresses tough topics thoughtfully discussed (global warming, cloning, stem cells, and more) teaching you to "be more effective in defense of scriptural authority and truth of Genesis as literal history."
New Answers Book 4:
- Offers solid answers to refute evolutionary rhetoric. Broken down into 33 chapters, you can just look up the topics that interest you or subjects for which you want answers. Pictures, charts, diagrams, and graphs help illustrate the topics being discussed.
- Provides a calendar for lesson planning with clear objectives, and the worksheets and tests are based on both knowledge accumulation and practical application.
This course will equip high school students to think logically and apply Bible knowledge correctly in regard to evolutionary thought. Particularly, students will examine issues where there are points of contention related to the Bible, faith and science. All topics are in the context of an evolution vs creation viewpoint, taking a creationist, Biblically literal and young earth view. The Cultural Issues Pack includes The New Answers Book 1 and Book 2 edited by Ken Ham and the Teacher Guide. Book 1 contains over 27 chapters on Creation/Evolution and the Bible; Book 2 contains 30. Topics include fossils, the age of the earth, beginning of life, evolution and intelligent design, and also more specific topics such as the long life of Old Testament figures, the days of creation, etc. Note: In Chapter 15, Volume 2, Ken Ham discusses gay marriage and a Christians response. You may want to review this chapter to gauge appropriateness for your student.
The Teacher Guide can also be purchased separately. This guide includes weekly lesson schedules, student worksheets, tests (including semester tests) and answer keys. Each weekly schedule is arranged to be accomplished in four easy-to-manage lessons which combine reading and worksheets. The included student pages are perforated and three-hole punched. Answer Keys are also provided. Designed as a 1 year, 1 credit course. ~ Ruth
This is a mature course that can be beneficial not only to teenagers, but to adults as well. Yet it is not overwhelming for the high schoolers.
I like the way the teacher guide was designed. There is enough space between questions to add the answers, and I like this style over the one with lines.
The material is rich and includes biblically based science. Wonderful source for the teenagers to be prepared to face the real world and be able to defend their faith. I received this set in an exchange for my honest review.