Possessing the Land - 5th Grade Student's Manual (4th Ed.)
Encourage the study of God’s Word with this full-color workbook filled with approachable exercises that teach biblical truth and apply what is taught.
This Student Manual includes . . .
- Engaging Design—full color activity pages with original artwork, puzzles, and maps
- Vocabulary Sections—key terms from Scripture
- Music Curriculum—hymn lyrics included in the back of the book
- Life Applications—activities to encourage self-reflection and character development
Fourth Edition improvements include . . .
- Segmented sessions and simplified layout that help with planning
- Greater variety of student exercises to encourage recall, conceptual thinking, and higher reasoning
- Additional map activities and graphics for visual engagement with the material
- Dedicated personal application or journaling section at the end of each lesson
I can see why we have had multiple requests for this Bible curriculum. Originally written for Christian schools, the popularity of this curriculum has continued to grow in other countries as well as in the United States. They now make their materials available for homeschool as they strive to teach the child’s heart as well as the head.
Each grade has a different focus and presents concepts that will enhance a child's life by building their Bible knowledge which in turn should strengthen their relationship with the Lord.
- Kindergarten - Teaches children about God through the lives of major characters from both the Old and New Testament: Adam and Eve, Joseph, Moses, Jesus, Zacchaeus, and Paul are just a few. Activities help children comprehend and apply Bible truths.
- Grade 1 Enjoying Gods Gifts: Aspects of creation, our families, friends, possessions, Jesus Christ, and Gods care.
- Grade 2 Finding God's Promises: Study the life of Moses and the Israelites as they experience Gods promises, victory, and tribulation as they learn to trust God.
- Grade 3 Growing with God: Students will develop character through the lessons learned from Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, and Daniel concerning the rewards of living for God.
- Grade 4 Building Life Castles: Focus on the life of Christ, work of the Holy Spirit, and the Apostle Paul teach students to build their lives to be strong and beautiful.
- Grade 5 Possessing the Land: A survey of the Old Testament helps students gain insight into how the Old Testament stories fit together into one pattern.
- Grade 6 Winning the Race: Students learn how the principles of Gods Word help them gain victory in the race of life. This is done through studies of Bible characters and an overview of Revelation.
Teacher Manuals contain suggestions for 3-, 4-, and 5-day a week lessons, a scripture memory program, and an accompanying music program. The music program teaches students hymns and choruses to complement the lessons and are taken from the books Sing & Be Happy and Treasury of Hymn Histories. Lyrics are printed in the back of the teacher manual. The 35 lessons include vocabulary, objectives, character trait activities, lesson quizzes and small-format student pages with answers.
The Hymn and Chorus CDs have been discontinued with the most updated version of the curriculum. The music files are now included in a digital "Extra Resources" item that is available directly from the publisher, Positive Action for Christ . These are a collection of very familiar songs that I sang when I was a child such as, "The B-I-B-L-E," "One Door and Only One," and "Only a Boy Named David" just to name a few. The music is a mix of piano and organ accompaniment. These music files are a nice addition if you are teaching a group or if you don't know the tune to some of the songs, but are an optional part of the program if you are trying to watch your budget. This course can be used successfully with the KJV, NKJV, NIV, NASB, and ESV. ~ Donna
I can see why we have had multiple requests for this Bible curriculum. Originally written for Christian schools, the popularity of this curriculum has continued to grow in other countries as well as in the United States. They now make their materials available for homeschool as they strive to teach the child's heart as well as the head.