Theory Of Spencerian Penmanship Plus Five Copy Books
A set of all five copy books, plus Theory of Spencerian Penmanship book.
- Book 1 Introduces all the short letters. Only four strokes, or principles, as Spencer called them, are needed to produce these letters.
- Book 2: Adds some of the tall letters - t and d - and the numerals 1-9.
- Book 3: Completes the lower case alphabet and introduces most of the capitals.
- Book 4: Completes the capital alphabet and provides practice on all the letters as they appear in words.
- Book 5: Presents sentences and sayings for writing practice. Examples: Kind words can never die. Promise little and do much.
- theory book
If your goal is to have your student produce graceful, flowing script, then you may want to take a look at this series originally published in the 1800s. The copy books provide space for the practice needed to develop and perfect this near-calligraphy style.
These materials span grades and include both instruction and practice.
over 2 years ago
over 4 years ago