Life Cycles Science Mini Bulletin Board
Use this 48-piece Life Cycles Mini Bulletin Board with Gr. K-2 students to help them:
- Understand common animal and plan life cycles
- Comprehend the stages in the lifecycle of the frog, butterfly, and sunflower
- Identify the correct sequence in the life cycle of the frog, butterfly, and sunflower
Color photographs cover the following topics:
- Life cycle of frog: tadpole (breathes with gills), growing tadpole (with hind legs), emergent frog (develops front legs and lungs), and adult frog (tail is gone and lives on land and water.
- Life cycle of butterfly: Eggs (laid on a leaf), larva/caterpillar (eats and grows), pupa/chrysalis (changes into adult), and adult (emerges after two weeks).
- Life cycle of sunflower: germinating (root begins to grow), sprouting (seed coat falls off), growing (roots, stem, and leaves develop), flowering (bud forms and opens), and seeds develop (petals wither and seeds drop.
Activity insert guide includes list of relevant science standards, as well as, a list of academic vocabulary and their definitions. Guide also includes display ideas, classroom activities, and related learning standards
Items in this section tend to be instructional frameworks, or unit studies with a "core" teaching resource supplemented with additional text and/or activity resources.
Probably the last place you'll use these is on a bulletin board! These science sets contain varying numbers of interactive textual and pictorial pieces just right for using in science lapbooks (think Dinah Zike), projects, displays, flash cards, etc., etc. I was ready to pass these by at the last NSSEA show until our rep insisted I take a closer look. They had assembled these sets into an amazing array of finished products - each unique and creative. Some used the pieces as the entire project, others used them as display labels and/or captions. These are amazing starters for an end of unit science project! You'll have to visit our website for a closer look.
Less than a whole curriculum, but with a mix of instructional information and activities. Items here tend to cover a range of grades all areas in science.
over 3 years ago