Abeka Grade 6 Essential Parent Kit
Keep your homeschool on track and organized with the Grade 6 Parent Kit. The 18 items include 170 easy-to-use lesson plans, copies of student texts with answers, a maps book, and answer keys for all assessments. Combine with the Grade 6 Child Kit to confidently teach core subjects from a biblical worldview. Also see “Companion Materials” for important items used in multiple grades, extra teaching helps, and enrichment materials.
* Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them with clear, step-by-step instructions.
* Cross-subject integration of concepts. This critically important reinforcement of concepts and skills in different subjects by different applications ensures thorough understanding and retention.
* Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your child receives regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the Abeka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your child will know it!
* Proven success. You want methods and materials that work. See your child achieve the academic excellence and moral character that will leave him equipped for life. Over one million children develop into lifelong learners with Abeka every year.
* Training in learning habits. Abeka's lesson plans assist you in establishing right learning habits and routines.
* Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
* Adaptability to your child’s needs. Abeka's packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. The subjects in the Grade 6 Parent Kit can be taught in less than 4 hours, but you can adjust the pacing. If your child is ready for more, you can add our novels as well as materials for Bible, art, and music.
The Abeka Grades 1 through 6 full-grade kits include Language Arts, Arithmetic, History (Geography), and Science/Health subjects. Grade level content varies, but child kits will include required reading and texts, consumables and tests, and essential instruction items. Parent kits will include lesson plans, teacher keys and solutions, and all main materials for teaching. For Grade one, select either a Child Bound Cursive or Manuscript option (the Parent Kit works with either). Each subject builds sequentially upon another. Use the Abeka® Scope and Sequence to determine appropriate grade level.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.