Abeka Grade 1 Child Kit - Cursive
By the end of first grade, your child will have made amazing leaps in learning! He will be able to recognize and use all the phonic sounds—including 132 special sounds—needed to phonetically read words! Kit includes all of the child’s essential materials for the grade 1 subjects—23 items total. Combined with the Grade 1 Parent Kit, you can provide your first grader a strong foundation in knowledge and learning habits from a Christian perspective.
* Phonics—Regardless of your child’s phonics background, Abeka's six steps to reading will turn him into a reader! This proven system teaches thousands of beginning readers every year.
* Reading—Ten engaging reading books of his very own plus daily systematic practice teach word analysis skills, build vocabulary, increase reading comprehension, and further develop the thinking process. And he will love the stories and Bible reading!
* Language–Early work in language skills increases your child’s thinking and writing skills. He will learn to write complete sentences and turn them into stories!
* Spelling and Poetry—The 30 phonics-based word lists with activities reinforce reading skills and teach spelling. And your child will memorize 8 delightful poems!
* Writing—Research shows that learning cursive writing improves a child’s brain and memory functions besides being more natural for little ones than manuscript writing. Phonics, spelling, and creative writing are built into daily writing practice.
* Arithmetic—First graders proudly count and write to 100 by 2s, 3s, 5, and 10s! From adding three-digit numbers to solving simple word problems, your child will grow in math skills and reasoning ability.
* History—Reading about famous American patriots, landmarks, and patriotic songs with an emphasis on good citizenship makes your child want to read to learn!
* Science—Learning about God’s world with hands-on activities makes acquiring basic science concepts fun!
* Health—It is never too early to learn good manners and habits. Learning activities help your child apply good principles of health, safety, and manners.
The Abeka Grades 1 through 6 full-grade kits include Language Arts, Arithmetic, History (Geography), and Science/Health subjects. Grade level content varies, but child kits will include required reading and texts, consumables and tests, and essential instruction items. Parent kits will include lesson plans, teacher keys and solutions, and all main materials for teaching. For Grade one, select either a Child Bound Cursive or Manuscript option (the Parent Kit works with either). Each subject builds sequentially upon another. Use the Abeka® Scope and Sequence to determine appropriate grade level.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.