History Thru the Ages Project Passport: Ancient Rome CD
Take a trip through history and discover cultures at another era of time with hands-on projects and activities that drive the lessons home in a fun way! Included are 25 "Stops" that can spread across 8-12 weeks, where you will witness exciting events and meet interesting people of Ancient Rome. Topics include: kings and legends of early Rome, the Roman Republic, the rise and fall of an Empire, everyday life, business, law, philosophy, education, oration, literature, science, medicine, arts, architecture, transportation, religion, warfare, emperors, the Pax Romana, invasions, the beginnings of Christianity, and much more!
This curriculum contains 25 "Stops" (lessons) including Guide Book Text to read on a topic and a Travel Itinerary for project choices and directions. Masters for all printables are included.
- Creative Writing
- A "Dining Out Guide" of Recipes
- A File Folder Game
- A "Scrapbook of Sights" for storing notebook projects
- A Newspaper "The Roman Tribune"
- A "Snapshot Moments in History" Scrapbook Timeline
- "Postcards from Famous Folks"
- Souvenir Craft Cards with a dozen 3-D projects to make
- Over a dozen Lap Book Projects ...and much more!
- Also included are eight Dramatized Audio Tours, over an hour and a half of listening! Join "Trajans Travel and Tours" as Huey (your tour guide) and Barron (your coach driver) take you on various roadtrips around Rome (such as the Forum and the Circus Maximus), an excursion to Pompeii during a volcanic eruption, and interviews with important people of history, such as Scipio Africanus and Mark Antony! (Go to "Sample" tab to listen for yourself!)
The study includes directions and masters for over 50 projects and activities. The menu contains photo buttons, should you wish to get a good view of what a finished project can look like. Choose the projects that work best for your family!
Also included are Travel Tips,teacher keys,Additional Resources (should you wish to include more reading or viewing to enhance the study), and a Quick-Stop Itinerary. This three-page travel planner will allow the teacher to see the whole schedule of upcoming topics and projects at a glance. Tastefully laid out for inclusion in your three-ring binder, this history study will give both the teacher and students a thorough, exciting adventure into the past!
- Included is a notebook cover made to slip into the clear cover of your 3-ring binder (in a choice of both color and black & white).
- The teacher's Guide Book will house the reading Guide Book Text, the Travel Itineraries of project directions, as well as Travel Tips, teacher keys, and any of the other teacher helps.
- The student will accumulate many notebook items specific to each stop. Included are activities such as a "Snapshot Moments in History" timeline, "Souvenirs & Gifts" with instructions for a dozen 3-dimensional projects to make, various maps of ancient Rome, the Cursus Honorum, Pax Romana Emperors, the Colosseum, clothing of the era, the Roman domus, Paul and the early church, Latin root words, Roman currency, warfare, and so much more!
- Finally, to prepare you for your journey, we have equipped you with a passport and luggage folder, which once made will take you through all the Project Passport studies to come!
Suggested grades: 3-8
Mac & PC Compatible
All Text, Masters, Directions, Photos, and Resource Lists Provided(Supplies Not Included)
An excellent supplement for hands-on learners, this series from Homeschool in the Woods will bring a fresh enthusiasm to your history studies. Each CD-Rom contains printable PDF files which include the Guide Book Text, lapbook templates, notebooking pages, recommended book/DVD lists and audio files. Within the pages of the guide book text is the "travel" itinerary, which includes tips and a planner so you can prepare ahead of time for the 25 lessons (called Stops). Each Stop includes fact filled, engaging readings which are created to be all you need for a compact or supplementary study. Many of the 'stops' also offer more than one project allowing you and your children options along the way. While some of the projects will require students to research further, others have all the necessary information provided.
Activities vary and include creative writing, recipes, mapping activities, timelines, games, notebook activities, crafts, and lapbooks. Masters, detailed instructions, illustrations, and photos of finished products are all included to fully equip the parent for a successful hands-on history experience. An additional resource section offers a recommended resource lists for books, videos, nonfiction books and websites, and additional research suggestions for parents/students who want to become further immersed in the time period being studied. Currently there are two Project Passports available, and we are hopeful more will be added, as they provide a wonderful alternative to dry textbook learning! Reproducible for immediate family use only. ~Deanne