Drawing For Everyone: Classic and Creative Fundamentals
What a gem for a beginner drawer or a seasoned pro looking for a new perspective! This classic drawing book incorporates an art class into a book and so much more. Author Bruce Waldman is not only a master drawer and artist, but also a master teacher for more than 30 years. He has taken his drawing skills, classic Renaissance methods that have stood the test of time, and the approaches that work in his classroom and clearly presented them in this well-organized book that offers a rich and diverse look at drawing experiences and fundamentals.
His goal is for the reader to learn the basics (the four rules to drawing an object are presented immediately in the first chapter). With a little practice these basics become second nature (Bruce states that those with little experience can learn to draw well), and then he encourages everyone to reach inside of them self to discover their own unique form of creative expression. He understands the rules can be broken and should be at times, but gaining the knowledge of drawing basics first will then lead to stronger exaggeration and embellishment in one's personal drawing style. This amazing book covers drawing fundamentals, elements of art and principles of design, portraiture, drawing animals and more. Please note there is a chapter on drawing the human form (which would be found at any university level drawing class) with some brief nudity - minimalistic gesture drawings without details. 160 pgs, sc. ~ Emily
Anyone can draw. Award-winning artist Bruce Waldman has spent the last 30 years teaching people at all levels simple methods for drawing nearly anything imaginable, adapting and simplifying techniques favored by artists since the Renaissance. Now his book Drawing for Everyone: Classic and Creative Fundamentals provides a clear path to artistic expression for those who have never attempted art before as well as those making a living at it.
- Learn how light and shadow work, how to make objects seem close or far away, how to draw complex things by starting with simple geometric shapes, and more.
- Sketch animals, people, cities, simple objects in your home, complex landscapes, even fantasy imagery.
- Drawing for Everyone contains plenty of step-by-step instruction, but it's much more than that. It's an art class in a book, a guide to discovering your own personal artistic vision even if you've never before thought you could have one.
- Ultimately, the tools and exercises inside will free you to powerfully express your ideas on paper.
- Bruce also shares personal anecdotes about his teaching and creative experiences over the years.
- Black-and-white and full-color illustrations.
- 160 pages.
- 8-1/2 inches by 11 inches.