Often touted as the "Little House for Boys," these books tell the story of author Ralph Moody, beginning as a young boy on a Colorado ranch in the early 1900's.
These books make absorbing read-alouds for younger children, too. Be aware, however, that there is some inappropriate language used - no doubt in keeping with the actual verbiage of rugged cowboys and characters of the time.
- Book 1: Little Britches
- Book 2: Man of the Family
- Book 3: The Home Ranch
- Book 4: Mary Emma & Company
- Book 5: The Fields of Home
- Book 6: Shaking the Nickel Bush
- Book 7: The Dry Divide
- Book 8: Horse of a Different Color
Please see our Reading section for leveled reading series such as I Can Read, Step Into Reading, and many more.